Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The First Time We Met, You Were A Kennel Maid

Apparently, THE WHO recreated LIVE AT LEEDS at the same Leeds University Refectory the original concert was performed at. I wonder how they recreated that album's famous "tape clicks", caused by the monstrous volume at which they played back in 1969. I imagine it was like an elaborate game of musical statues.

Disappointingly, the only report I can find of this major cultural event suggests that THE WHO played free and easy with the setlist, whether the original LP or the expanded reissues. There was no skeleton-suited Ox doppelanger tearing into Heaven and Hell while Daltrey beat his chest and hurled himself into a giant concrete mixer, for instance. So I suppose it is a good thing I wasn't there. But Daltrey did undo his shirt to his waist, much to the delight of all the ladies present.



1 comment:

PJ Miller said...

No, I couldn't find a suitable pictyure, so I thought an unsuitable one would be better than nothing.