Monday, May 14, 2012

We All Agree Manchester City Are Rubbish


I am grumpy about Man City and the general reaction to yesterday's events. I think it's just a convenient way to channel my grumpiness, but it all feels very coherent to me.

1) People countering the buying success argument with the idea that the manager has to "mould a team" - maybe so, but on the evidence of this season, that is the one thing that hasn't happened at Man City with Tevez and Balotelli and probably some others.

2) Mancini being a toadying lickspittle towards his paymasters.

3) the idea that you have to be mentally deficient if you don't enjoy football.

4) The idea that the events of yesterday were in any way unusual. Name a year when nothing exciting at all happened in football anywhere in the world and you could win a pair of tickets to the Barclays Premier League match of your choice.

5) I really really wanted Gareth Barry to end his career without ever winning any "silverware".

6) I do not wish to see a gurning Liam Gallagher on my television screen, thank you very much. I would not mind if it was Billy Duffy though.

No comments: